Client Billing Representative, Medi-Cal Billing
|Benefits:||Full Comprehensive Benefits Package|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Passport Division (Patient Access)|
|Description:||Passport Health Communications, Inc., a nationally recognized pioneer developing innovative solutions for the healthcare industry and one of Healthcare Informatics Top 100 Healthcare Companies, is seeking a Medi-Cal Client Billing Representative for our Data Systems Group - Sacramento, CA office location.|
The Client Billing Representative will promptly file hospital inpatient, outpatient and clinic claims with third party payers following up in a timely and efficient manner to ensure maximum reimbursement. Assist the client/patient in obtaining full benefits from their prior coverage and in understanding billing procedures, always maintaining good client/patient relations.
|Duties:||Processes claims within assigned responsibility in a timely and efficient manner, performing all associated duties in order to ensure completeness and correctness of all claims information. Inclusive of analyzing, updating and correcting data per payer regulations.|
• Utilize proprietary systems and hospital host systems to complete daily tasks.
• Perform pre-bill activity such as but not limited to processing transfer files, releasing claims in host system, and confirm essential data entered at A/D/T.
• Initial Billing duties such as but not limited to submissions, confirmations and balancing routines.
• Denial Management duties such as but not limited to corrections, resubmissions and confirmations.
• Crossover/Secondary billing duties such as but not limited to initial and resubmission of claims, confirming receipt of the claim.
• Payment analysis such as payment sampling to confirm cost per diem rates, contracted rates and fee schedules.
• Maintains all documentation and records in accordance with federal, state and facility requirements.
• Other Duties as required
|Qualifications:||Minimum High School Diploma, AA degree preferred.|
• Minimum 3 years general office experience specific to proper phone etiquette allowing communication to the client/patient that is pleasant and tactful.
• Minimum 5 years billing experience in a hospital, home health & hospice or clinic setting.
• Minimum 5 years Medi-Cal / contract reimbursement/ follow-up to third party payers experience.
Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Special Skills and Knowledge:
• Knowledge and experience with MS Office Suite, specifically with Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
• Excellent verbal and written communication
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.